Sunday, July 19, 2009

Don't forget the lip gloss, you never know who you are going to meet

My Auntie Karen has ingrained in my head since I was a young girl coming of age, well actually knowing my Aunt I am sure it was more like since I was 5, that you should always leave the house looking good, even if its to the store or the gas station because you never know who you are going to meet. Now being a makeup artist and a very stubborn girl that I am, I believe you should look good for YOU. Whether you are comfortable in the bare, dewy fresh skin you born with or the Spackled on war paint that you can not leave the house without, its all about you and how you feel. I personally am a fan of fresh, breathable skin with maybe a touch of gloss. (I know, I know and yes I call myself a makeup artist! lol) The stubborn girl in me, thinks that someone should want to be with you for you and the fact that you are naturally beautiful. End. Of. Story. Then, again maybe I am tainted by my industry and have seen WAY TOO much plastic for a life time Or the fact that I am a true California girl and I think Flip-flops and Ugg's are HOT!! lol

Danielle LaPorte Author and Blogger at a blog about this subject titled Nothing says I love you like lip gloss a few days ago that I have not been able to get out of my head! I think the fact that I kind of agree with her upsets me the most! lol Whats your take on it? To Lip gloss or not?

1 comment:

  1. I love this post and checked out Danielle's as well. I HATE lipgloss but do agree with looking good for you as well as your guy. Thanks for a fun ready and food for thought!

    ReplyDelete